International Accelerator is designed to help non-US founders to raise funds and expand their startups in the US.
12-months startup accelerator program
We implement a custom 12 months program for each startup based on:
Prior to U.S.
- Due diligence
- Letters of Intent
- Visa and relocation support
- First round of IA investment, 25K
- 90-day strategic plan created
- Identify revenue channels/sales verticals
- Conduct meetings with prospective clients
- Second round of IA investment, 25K
- Pitch to prospective investors/VC’s
4 main reasons why Austin is the ideal place to expand your startup in the US:
Easy Access to Capital
- Venture capital investments in Austin reached almost $1 Billion in 2015
- Startups in Austin have received over $12 Billion in venture capital funding from 1995-2014
- Austin Startup’s reached $3.9 Billion in exits in 2015
- #3 of the Top 100 Cities for Tech Acquisitions
- The Austin startup scene is supported by 35 local incubators, accelerators, and co-working space facilities
- Easier access to the investors & senior management due to the close and collaborative startup ecosystem and culture
- Located in the center of the U.S., Austin allows you to go to both the West and East Coast within a few hours to meet partners and investors
Low Cost of Living
- Significantly lower Cost of Living Index than other major cities
- How much cheaper will it be to move from San Francisco to Austin?
- Housing: 71.74% less
- Groceries: 31.69% less
- Transportation: 18.58% less
- Healthcare: 14.32% less
- Utilities: 1.44% less
Access to Talent
- Austin is a fast growing city which attracts young talent from all over the country
- 273,200 people moved to Austin locally and international in 2015 (Median age: 28.1)
- Tech employment has increased 30% since 2010
- Austin is young & energetic: 43.7% of the Austin population is between ages 25-44 with bachelor’s degrees
- Some of the many reasons why young talents: booming tech economy, affordable cost of living, university town with tons of sports events & vibrant young and music culture
- Source: Bureau of Labour Statistics
Cost of Operations
If you are interested in improving your start-up, applying for the IA program, or simply becoming an entrepreneur, IA has compiled a list of books and resources that you may find useful:
The Alpha and the Omega
Online Courses and Entrepreneurship Videos
- How to Start a Startup (Sam Altman)
- How to Build a Startup
- Stanford Ecorner
- Entrepreuneurship 101
- Entrepreuneurship 102
- User Innovation Path Entrepreunership
- Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- The Startup Owner’s Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
No. As long as your company is successfully incorporated as a Delaware Corporation, you’ll be eligible to stay in the US. And of course, we’re partnering with the best attorneys here in Austin and they will help you.
Our program operates under the assumption that as a foreign startup, you’ll need the first couple of months to deal with corporate and immigration matters, relocate to Austin, get your feet on the ground, adapt to the new environment and understand a brand new market.
It takes a lot of willpower to uproot yourself and move to a new country, and we want to make sure you have enough time to make significant strides in our program.
We’ll provide seed funding for your startup: $50,000 in two rounds of $25,000 in the form of convertible notes.
Our goal is to give you the opportunity to completely focus on your startup without distractions and get you to the point where you are ready for further funding.
We highlight our program as a high-touch, personal, and hands-on accelerator program. We’ll assist you with everything you need in your relocation, from legal, visa and incorporation issues, to personal, transportation, housing and cultural problems.
Since we focus solely on foreign born founders, we have built our two-phase program offering completely unique and hands-on services and experiences.
Our program is tailored for the needs of foreign born founders. We understand all the critical challenges because we have been in the same shoes and through the same cycles. Our program and commitment reflects all we have learned, and we aim to build a trusted, co-founder-like relationship with our participant companies.
IA is looking for startups that have:
1) A minimum viable product that has gained market validation or traction
2) A unique product that addresses a specific, unfulfilled need in a large, growing US market
3) A confident, but coachable management team with a high level of business and technical knowledge of the product and its market
4) A strong business model with monetization potential
5) A founding team with at least one foreign born employee and one founding member committed to moving to Austin, TX